To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2013, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder:
Note: The .nk2 file must have the same name as your current Outlook 2013 profile. By default, the profile name is “Outlook.” To check the profile name, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail.
- In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
- Remove UoA Mail profile and Add New Profile called Outlook
- Check Cached Exchange Mode is ticked in Account settings.
(In my experience just opening Outlook from the Start menu gets this to work)
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type outlook.exe /importnk2, and then click OK. This should import the .nk2 file into the Outlook 2013 profile.
Note After you import the .nk2 file, the contents of the file are merged into the existing nickname cache that is currently stored in your mailbox.
Note The .nk2 file is renamed with a .old file name extension on the first start of Outlook 2013. Therefore, if you try to re-import the .nk2 file, remove the .old file name extension.
This guide follows the information gathered from here: http://support.microsoft.com/