This article is intended for use by Science IT Staff, it describes the method used to rebuild the Statistics department teaching laptop’s.
There are 9 Laptops in circulation (7 Lenovo and 2 HP EliteBook), an image has been taken using Clonezilla to preserve the system’s original setup state.
The image can be deployed using Clonezilla media to restore from backup.
The backup is located on the network – \scidrivesit$softwareStatsLenovo Tablet Backup & HP EliteBook Backup
Copy the Backup to a External USB Drive
To create the Clonezilla media – use a USB and the software called “LinuxLive USB Creator 2.8.25.exe” (located in the same place)
Follow these steps; (Clovnezilla iso is located in the same place “clonezilla-live-2.2.0-29-amd64.iso”)
Creating a Linux Live USB key is then a five easy steps process:
- step 1: choose a USB key or drive in the list
- step 2: select an ISO file or a CD
- step 3: choose the size of persistent data (usually between 250 MB and 2 GB)
- step 4: check the options you want
- step 5: click the lightning button to start the creation
Moreover, each mandatory step (1, 2 and 3) has a traffic light to indicate its state:
- Red light: the step has not been carried out correctly, you cannot start creating a Live USB key
- Orange light: there is a non blocking problem during this step, you can still start the creation
- Green light: everything is fine
The following is the Restore proceedure;
Boot the laptop from the USB
The Clonezilla window should appear “select Enter”
Retart the PC – select start Windows normally
Login without a network connection
Change the name of the computer (Join to work group first – Restart – Join UOA)
Install KeyServer software
Should be GOOD to GO !!!!