This article aims to describe the different ways to add machines into the OneMac management tool – Casper. It will provide a suggested solution for a set of environments.
Faculty Support Admins can send out bulk emails to users instructing them to enrol in the system. This is done by using the web portal at https://jss.auckland.ac.nz:8443
- Login using your UPI and Password
- Click on the computers icon at the top then select Enrollment Invitations
- Next click the + New button
- You will then be asked to insert the Email addresses of the users whose machines you wish to enrol
- On the next screen you enter the display name that will show up as the Sender, the email of that Sender, the subject and the message.
Heres an example of what I am sending out to my FacultySubject: OneMac Computer Enrolment – Faculty of Science
From here you will be asked to download and install a package. If you have any queries about this process, or would like more information please send an email to email@example.com in order to log an AskIT job, or contact your local Science IT technician.
- In the next screen you can set an expiry time for the enrolment invitation (I’m leaving this blank). Make sure to tick Require Login, this means that when the machine is added to the management console it will also populate the user information. If you click Allow multiple users, the link in the email can be forwarded onto many people, otherwise once the user has clicked on the link and enrolled, it will expire.
- Click next, and you are done!