Science IT currently hosts around 40 departmental and extra-University project websites, and over 200 personal websites.
Web hosting environments
- Apache on Debian GNU/Linux
- IIS on Windows Server
- Clustered hosting (increases the reliability of the system)
- Access via SSH
- Files accessible via the regular file shares
- ACL file permission settings allows complex read-write-execute control
- File system backups
- PHP 5, Ruby, and R
- MySQL (Access to MySQL via PHPMyAdmin interface)
- MS SQL 2008
Create a new personal website for yourself.
Science-IT hosts departmental project websites. Websites can be hosted on our shared Apache web cluster, our IIS (Windows server) web cluster, or a dedicated Virtual Machine if necessary.
Science-IT hosts departmental conference websites. Websites can be hosted on our shared Apache web cluster. Alternatively we can set up a WordPress website for your conference.
Science-IT has out-of-the-box support for instant WordPress installations.
All Science-IT hosted websites can have rich statistical graphs and tables generated from its raw server access logs.